After a year off, MODEX is back and better than ever! Whether you’ve attended the conference in the past or you’re joining us for the first time, we’ve compiled the best tips to help you survive this conference week. Also, don’t forget to stop by Booth C5470 to see the ShipERP team and our exhibit!
Without a doubt, MODEX 2022 is the epicenter of all things supply chain. From illuminating education to next-generation technology, you’ll find it all at MODEX 2022. Oh! And did we mention? It’s FREE! Here’s what you can expect to do:
- Connect with over 900 leading providers
- Experience, firsthand, the latest efficiency-enhancing solutions
- Learn from the industry’s best minds
- Meet with peers from the U.S. and countries across the globe
Ordinarily, we’d avoid salesy language that promises something for everyone, but with 400,000 square feet of showroom floor and over 900 exhibits, we’re making an exception this time. Of course, with so many conferences, it’s impossible to see them all. Read on for our top picks.
Industry-Trending Education Seminars
Seminars are ranked Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced, and are categorized by theme:
- Automation & Robotics
- Data Capture, Analytics & Information Management
- Transportation Distribution & Warehousing
- Emerging Supply Chain Technology
- Workforce & Labor
- Manufacturing, Planning & Sourcing
- Sustainability & Risk Management
Here are the seminars we're looking forward to most:
Interesting Seminars We're Excited About
Day 1: Monday, March 28
- See How Monat Global, A Top Performing Global Direct Selling Company, Leapt Ahead During a Pandemic to Manage Explosive Growth (Advanced)
- The Smart Warehouse of the Future – That’s Here Today (Advanced)
- Optimize Your ERP Software for Streamlined Operations and Improved Profits (Intermediate)
Day 2: Tuesday, March 29
- Distribution Tools and Techniques to Adapt to an E-Commerce World (Intermediate)
- Digitization of Transportation and Logistics in the New Customer-Centric World (Intermediate)
- Supply Chain Disruption: What are the Next Steps for Transportation Leaders (Advanced)
Day 3: Wednesday, March 30
- The Cost of a Mispick with Jerome Dubois (Beginner)
- The Impact of SaaS and Automation on the Warehouse and How to Survive and Thrive (Intermediate)
- Increase the Resilience of Your Supply Chain (Intermediate)
Day 4: Thursday, March 31
Day 4: Thursday, March 31
- Preparing for the Next Generation Workforces (Beginner)
- Using Artificial Intelligence to Avoid Safety Violations by MHE (Beginner)
- Hidden Benefits, Recent Innovations, and Best Practices, With Industrial Lighting Indication (Beginner)
Unfortunately, COVID has become a necessary consideration when traveling. Fortunately, because Atlanta is currently experiencing low levels of transmission, masks are OPTIONAL indoors. However, federal mask mandates require you to wear one if you make use of the public MODEX shuttle buses. Lastly, while COVID vaccinations and a negative COVID test are not required, they are strongly recommended.
Your Must-Have Items at MODEX 2022
Now that we got that out of the way, here’s what to pack (aside from a face mask):
- Comfortable (but professional) shoes – Pro tip: splurge on a pair of Dr. Scholl’s shoe inserts (you can thank me later)
- Portable charger – If you’ve ever tried to navigate a theme park with just the brochure map, you’ll understand what a lifesaver having a charged phone is. In addition to locating the different conference theatres, you’ll want to have your phone handy to connect with others.
- Business cards – If you’re reading this at the time of publication, you still have time to get business cards. We recommend ordering a week in advance to allow adequate time to arrive. Be sure to bring at least 100 to the conference itself. If you’re already at the conference reading this, I’m laughing with you, not at you (I promise)!
- Professional clothing – Depending on where you hail from, you may find the late-March weather a bit chilly. If you’re like me, and your idea of “cold” is anything below 65°F, consider packing a jacket or sweater. Also, be mindful that there’s always the potential for spring showers—might be a good idea to pack a raincoat or umbrella just in case.
- Business padfolio – Usually a leather-bound folder, a business padfolio is highly recommended to hold your documents, business cards, and any notetaking materials.
- Carrying bag – Like the shoe inserts, you’ll thank me for this one (likely right around the time you’re handed that third goodie bag).
Now, admittedly, this can be a long, exhausting week. But those who make it to the afterhours events are rewarded!
Optional (But Important) Networking Opportunities
Not all these events are free, but we urge you to take advantage of the ones you can. However, for the first night, you can leave your wallet at home because it’s on us.
- Food & Beverages with ShipERP and BlueGrace Logistics (Mon., March 28): Join ShipERP and BlueGrace to get all your logistics questions answered over food and drinks.
- Women In Supply Chain – Industry Forum (Mon., March 28): Presented by the Bolder Company, this women-focused event will cover 5 behaviors of a cohesive team. You can register for here. The cost of admission is $140 for non-members, $120 for MHI/WERC/MHEDA members.
- MHI Young Professionals Network Event (Mon., March 28): This event is free to young professionals in the material handling and supply chain industry – just flash your MODEX 2022 badge to get in!
- MHI Industry Night (Wed., March 30): $50 tickets include entertainment from comedian Preacher Lawson, beer, wine, and hors d’oeuvres, and a chance to win a $30,000 luxury vacation package.
- MHI Innovation Award (Wed., March 30): The winner will also be announced during the Industry Night. This year’s award serves to educate and provide valuable insights on the latest manufacturing and supply chain innovative products and services.
MODEX 2022 also offers a star-studded panel of keynote speakers, so be sure to get up and at ‘em each morning to catch the likes of Shaquille O’Neal and Dr. Sanjay Gupta!
- Monday, March 28 (8:45 AM): Erika Alexander, Chief Global Operations Officer for Marriott International
- Tuesday, March 29 (8:45 AM): Sanjay Gupta, Chief Medical Correspondent for CNN.
- Wednesday, March 30 (8:45 AM): John Paxton, MHI CEO; Thomas Boykin, Deloitte
- Wednesday, March 30 (1:00 PM): Shaquille O’Neal, NBA Hall of Fame
Visit ShipERP at MODEX 2022
While technically a business trip for most, visiting doesn’t need to be all about MODEX 2022. In addition to the Martin Luther King, Jr., National Historic Site and the National Center for Civil and Human Rights, Atlanta is also home to the second largest aquarium in the world! For the foodies out there, AG in the Ritz Carlton boasts live Jazz in a clubby setting. More affordable local favorites include Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken, Dua Vietnamese Noodle Soup, and the Food Shoppe.
We hope you’ll take time out of your busy week to stop by Booth C5470 to learn about ShipERP, the fully integrated multi-carrier shipping solution. If you ship freight, parcel, or LTL, you need ShipERP!