It’s time to automate your shipping processes with important business rules within SAP to achieve efficiency. Automating shipping processes can reduce manual labor and data entry errors.
When businesses begin their digital transformation, business process automation is the key strategy in this process. Automating business processes gives you the opportunity to quickly meet your goals and the flexibility to respond to changing business needs.
Automating Business Rules
Traditional automation methods are rigid process designs that limit a company’s ability to make quick updates because of manual implementation. To resolve this issue, introduce business rules to support process automation and effectively reach goals. Furthermore, process automation software eliminates that problem to be more responsive and agile.
With automation, business rules give you greater control over business processes. For example, it would be easier to notice errors for you to fix them quickly after implementation. Configurations, or business rules, increase efficiency in the implementation of strategic planning with company policies and goals in mind, therefore improving productivity.
By automating business rules, it helps to reduce costs by taking your company goals into consideration. Incorporating business rules can reduce complexity of the process designs for a smoother experience.
Common Types of Business Rules
Business rules can be organized in many ways to encompass different types of policies. There is a broad range of approaches to forming business rules, but the following are a few common examples to understand what they can do.
- Formula rules allows calculations to be done instantaneously, like for expenses
- Coordination rules put forward general requirements to be met for a process to continue
- Qualification rules determines if a subject is included or excluded in a process, like a filter
- Decision-making rules supports conditional decisions and follows the “if-then” logic
Most-Used Business Rules in ShipERP
ShipERP is a configurable shipping solution that provides businesses with the ability to rapidly ship products during the pick/pack/ship process and selectively adjust shipping services on the fly. There are more than 500 business rules available within ShipERP to configure. You will gain the ability to expedite their shipments with just a few clicks.
Customers with ShipERP, like you, typically use the following business rules in this order to maximize efficiency. These business rules tend to be qualification and decision-making rules that guide the user through a shipping process.
- Ship Type Determination:
Based on dimensions and weight, classify the shipments into small parcel, less than truckload, truckload, etc.
- Bill Option Determination:
Determine how the freight invoice will be charged, i.e., pre-paid, collect, or third party.
- Pre-Paid + Add Determination: If shipment is pre-paid, determine if the charge will be added to the customer invoice.
- Carrier & Service Determination: Determine which carrier picks up the shipments based on ship type and billing options.
- Duties & Taxes Determination: Determine who is responsible for duties and taxes when shipping internationally.
- Third-Party & Collect Account: If shipment is third-party or collect, determine the account of the responsible party.
- More Options: Pre-select carrier options, like residential delivery, accessorial options, and special handling requirements.
- Rates: Compare available online rates of many carriers.
ShipERP Customers: Need help with setting up business rules in ShipERP? Contact our expert support team at the ShipERP Support page!
Future ShipERP customers: Interested in a program that streamlines your shipping process? Learn more about ShipERP, the multi-carrier shipping and compliance solution that integrates with SAP. ShipERP provides businesses with the ability to rapidly ship products during the pick/pack/ship process and selectively adjust shipping services on the fly.